BGG

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Patient: Monique Jurgen

According to my medical insurance I am a medical record number such as 123456. I was recently accused of lying about my heart condition. I have no idea why anyone would lie about being ill. I sure as hell wish I could turn back the clock and be 27 all over again. That was when I discovered I have Congestive Heart Failure. CHF turned into Cardiomyopathy and so on and so on with one illness after another. Granted it didn’t help that I weighed over 500 pounds most of my adult life until I had Gastric Bypass surgery in March of 2005. Here is a sneak peak into my medical record from my last appointment with my Cardiologist.

Member name: Monique M Jurgen
Gender Female
Primary care physician: LEE MD
Date printed: 1/25/2012

Past visit information

General information

What: Office Visit with  TEGET MD
When: Friday January 06, 2012 2:30 PM
Where: CARDIOLOGY
Diagnosis:
Hypertension
VENTRICULAR TACHYCARDIA, PAROXYSMAL
CARDIOMYOPATHY (DISEASE OF HEART MUSCLE)
CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE, Stage 2
Secondary Pulmonary Htn
LEFT BUNDLE BRANCH BLOCK
PRESENCE OF CARDIAC DEFIBRILLATOR
HISTORY OF BARIATRIC SURGERY
 
My heart is broken in more ways than one. The only way to fix it is to get a heart transplant. Even though I have lost 300 pounds it still isn’t enough. I did regain 35% of my heart function. I went from 10% up to 45% as of last year. I will know my new numbers next month. Lets not forget my lung function is down to 38% since last summer. I will need a new heart, kidney and lungs sooner than later. They wont put me on the transplant list because I am still considered morbidly obese. Do I let it get me down? Sometimes. Then I look at my family and remember why I am here. They keep me going and give me the strength to keep living no matter how hard my life can be. I know one or more of my illnesses will kill me. Am I afraid to die? No, I died 3 times and for some reason God needs me here. I won’t argue with him. Everyday for me is a gift not a promise. This is just from one doctor. If I posted everything that was wrong with me you would cry. It has made me cry more than once. I have done everything I can do to help myself. I take my meds, I eat healthy, I exercise when my feet let me use them. Some days my feet wont let me walk. I would not wish illness on anyone. I have no reason to lie about being ill. Like I said everything I post here I can back it up. If you want to hear all about my bone on bone knees that need to be replaced or that fact that I have Systemic Lupus or that my right ankle has been crushed by my former weight and I need several surgeries just Holla. My medical record is now an open book. My medical record speaks for itself. I don’t need to prove I am sick. I just have the strength to keep going and a family who has my back every step of the way. If anyone would like to take all of the 18 pills I take each day and some of them are twice a day just have at it. One bottle was not in the photo. Without those pills I would die. I joked in therapy that I can’t even kill myself the Pacemaker will shock me back to life…lol. I am sure that isn’t funny to most but it is to me. If I don’t laugh at this stuff depression would take over and I wont live that way. I will live it up till the very end. I am going to live, travel, laugh, love, and enjoy the rest of my life. I recommend all of you start living your life to the fullest. Don’t let fear take over and keep you trapped inside your home and not living. Smell the roses once in a while they are lovely. Next month I have to do a test that will take four hours to complete so they can find the blockage. Wish me luck. Till then I will keep living and so should everyone else.
 
 025

MoMo out!

2 comments:

  1. HEY PIG, STOPP CHEWIN AND LEARN TO SWOLLOW PIGGY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Derek I know this is you. You are such a waste of air. You still type in all caps because you only know how to type with one finger. You also like to call me names. You are dead to me Derek and if you come to my house again may god have mercy on your soul cause you're going to meet him.

      Delete