BGG

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Club Curves


I was looking at some old photos from the first ever Big Girl Club. Back then they were called Club Curves then it was Moxie. The club owners were Shadoe and Michelle. We use to call them the dynamic duo. They found a location in Los Angeles and took the ballroom hotel BBW parties to another level. KZ and I ran Big Babes before all of this happened and we were also tired of the hotel parties. I wanted to get out of the hotel parties and start having fun at bars and clubs. I kept telling people that there was not any reason a big girl can’t have a good time at a main stream bar or at a club. KZ at that point was still being protective and wanting the women to be in a safe place where they didn’t have to wonder if some guy liked big girls or not. I was so excited when they opened their first location. I was there most weekends with my friends meeting new people and making new friends. The place was such a hit it outgrew the location and over the years the club has had different locations.

I went back to Club Curves in November of 2011. I sent Shadoe and email and since we go way back she hooked it up. I celebrated my birthday with my friends at Club Curves. We had a VIP table and a great view of all the sexy people that were there for the Players Ball. The place was packed and you have a choice of three rooms to party in. Of course each room has its own DJ and you have a choice of which kind of music suits your mood. They have a Cigar lounge for the smokers. I love the fact that I don’t have to wait in line at the bar they do have table servers. They also have a menu if you need munchies. My friends and I had an amazing time that night. As always Shadoe is perfectionist when it comes to being a hostess. The staff is very professional and well dressed security. We stayed at a hotel near by and just took a 2 minute cab ride over. The next day had brunch at Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles. It was one hell of a good time at Club Curves in Long Beach, California. Check out their website for more info http://www.clubcurves.com/

PS we will not speak of my hair back in 2001...LMAO





1 comment: