BGG

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Today is my 6th Year Anniversary Post Gastric Bypass Surgery

On March 24, 2006 I started a new life. I had no idea if I was going to make it through the Gastric Bypass Surgery. It took about three years for my insurance company to give in. I had Gallstones lodged in my liver so they were forced to operate. It was a really hard road. I was so sick I wanted to just die. I didn’t want to have anymore pain. I had an amazing support team in my family and the few friends who supported my decision. It was hard to see the big picture when it was such a hard recovery. I had no idea that I would be here today writing my Blog. You can read about my journey in great detail right here on my Blog. Just look through the older posts to find it. I Lost 300 pounds and kept it off. The odds were stacked against me but survived. I reached my goal weight which wasn’t good enough for some people. They seem to think I could stand to loose another 100 pounds. Maybe I will and maybe I won’t. My body, my choice. I need to let go of the negative energy from the haters about my weight loss. I took it very personally when one of them told me I would gain it all back. I’m still alive, the surgery did not kill me and I do not have any major surgery complications. Just the normal stuff like always keeping my vitamin levels up. I am still a work in progress. I am still learning about the new me verses the old me. I know I am truly a different person on the outside but I am a better person on the inside. I have grown and learned from this experience. It is not over yet by any means. I still have some fight left in me. I will need it to live with the damage that has been done to my body due to my former weight. I need new knees, a new ankle, a cure for Osteoarthritis and Lupus. I am blessed with an amazing family and friends that keep me going. I want to thank them for never giving up on me and for 100% of their support. I love you. I fight the addiction to food every day and I won’t quit because I want to live. Now lets celebrate every single day that we live to see another day.

MoMo Out!


before1_thumb4

before2_thumb2

before3_thumb2

The new me March 2012 not my fault the sign said 2011 they didn’t change the date…lol
079a_thumb4
I can cross my legs as I relax
073a_thumb3
Old friends who knew me back in the day
102a_thumb3

061_thumb2

5 comments:

  1. MoMo - you truly are an INSPIRATION! Your positive attitude, sheer will and drive to succeed are wonderful!! Congratulations on your amazing journey so far and good luck to you in ANY positive direction you decide to head! Much Love - Bobina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your words of strength, and the photos from a very personal, private battle with weight and food. As long as you are happy with your size and body, others should accept and love you as you are. Love you girl. Keep up the great work! It is not easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only say this... After reading your posts and following your achievements .. You are SUCH an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to find your blog... I had a lapband installed on march 23rd, 2010, I was 475 pounds. I lost alot of weight over 100lbs with the lapband but I am in the process of being revised to gastric bypass. You are such an inspiration... *Maria*~DiZneDiVa:Blogger of "This One Time at Band Camp... 1 vs 300" Follow my journey at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete