BGG

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Review of the OC BBW Bash 2012

This was the first ever BBW Bash in Orange County California. It was held at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Irvine, California. The hotel was nice, clean and had easy access to all of the events. The events were held in the ballrooms on the second floor. You took the elevator down to the party and it was right around the corner from the elevator. There was plenty of SSBBW friendly access all over the hotel and in the ballrooms. The Friday night party was hosted by Club Catalina. The theme was Jersey night. The majority of the party people there wore their favorite teams jersey. The party was not very well attended and a few people had their own little boycott going on in the lobby area as you get off of the elevator. I didn’t get into the personal reasons why they didn’t like Club Catalina, but it was their choice to party else where in the hotel. I can honestly say her DJ this time was good. It was a new DJ that she hired and I did not get his name. The after party was where all of the wild times happened. People loved the after parties and the hotel was really cool about letting the Bash have the after parties on the second floor outside in the lobby area after the Bash parties ended. I wish I had more to report on her party but the people just aren’t into her club vibe. This is what people were saying. It is not just my personal opinion. Stu was a great host and kept things running smoothly.
 Saturday morning was the vendor fair. There were a variety of vendors to shop with. The turn out of shoppers was not good at all. After months of promoting the vendor fair, not that many people came out to shop. I have to give the vendor fair a sad face. It is so much work setting up a booth starting at 8am to be ready for shoppers by 10am. Breaking down, packing up and re packing your vehicle with merchandise is a ton of work for a little bit of money. Thank goodness Team Mo Mo was there to help out. Over the course of the last few months myself and Satu of Plush Cat Style promoted the hell out of the vendor fair. All of the vendor fairs are open to the public at no charge. Even if you don’t attend the bash you can still come out and shop. At least that was our hope when we signed up. I have been to hundreds of vendor fairs over the last 12 years. Some have been better than others and some you will never go back to. The hope is to at least break even and not loose any money. The real hope is that you sell everything you packed up and not have to take it home with you. I have yet to attend that vendor fair where we sell out. I will forever hold out hope for that day. Take a moment and Like Big Girl Gear on Face Book. https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/BigGirlGearcom/204611972911610
The Bash dinner was at 6pm on Saturday night. I worked all day and still found time to dress for dinner. Needless to say there were people in shorts, t-shirts, flip flops etc. I give up on people dressing for dinner. I guess it was just how I was raised, but you should dress for dinner. How often do we get to dress up for just a few hours then you can change into party clothes? Not often enough if you ask me. A nice button down shirt and real pants wont kill the men to wear it for as long as it takes you to finish dinner. All I know is I take the time and I do it for me. I don’t do it to impress other people. I feel good when I believe I look good, it’s just that simple. After dinner we relaxed till it was party time. The dinner was sit down with table service. I love that and I enjoyed my dinner. The food was really good except the strange cheesy crouton on my salad. Of course I took a bite then my friend said don’t eat that you wont like it. I was forced to eat it since it was already in my mouth…lol. If she had only taken her bite sooner I would have been spared the torture of the cheesy crouton. The dinner was excellent and the cheesy crouton was just something we laughed about later on. 
The Saturday night party was fun. DJ T. Rock from Club Plush was keeping people on the dance floor. He was a really good DJ. There was a live feed happening right from the party. I took a moment to get on cam and say hello to all the party people who were missing out. The party had much more people than the Friday night party. The after party was wild and crazy. People had a really good time and probably drank way too much. It was a three day weekend so party on.
By Sunday I was tired and ready to go home for personal reasons. I put on my big girl panties, got dolled up, made something with Vodka to drink and did it all over again. All in all I had a good time at the Bash because I was able to see old friends. I also made some new ones. I was really happy to see some of my old friends from OC. I shared a room with one too many women. Never ever again will I make that mistake. It was like too many cooks spoil the pot. Too many women in one room doing hair and makeup is no good. I need down time as I am getting ready to go out. I like to take my time getting ready as I have a cocktail and I am in a good mood when I get to the party. I had to leave my own room for down time. Never again, I learn fast. I hope if there is another OC BBW Bash next year that more people will attend. All Bashes start off slow because people don’t like to take a chance on new events in our community. I vote for taking a chance and you only live once so enjoy life. If everyone wants any Bash to grow it needs YOU the people of the BBW Community to support it. Also please support the independent vendors within our community. We are mostly one person running the business and we work hard for no money so you better treat us right, as Donna Summer would say. Stu has a good heart and is working hard to give us more options in the BBW Community. He can’t do it without YOU the people, so try a new event when one is in your area. If there aren’t any in your area then find one that would be a good place for a mini vacation and incorporate the Bash into your trip. Sorry I didn’t take more photos on Sunday. I was busy having fun the last night there with my best friends.
MoMo out!

No comments:

Post a Comment