BGG

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving and being Thankful

Every holiday I spend it with my entire family. My entire life has always been about my family. I am thankful for so many things that I had to share some of them. Last year at this very time I was in the middle of being stalked by my ex. He was arrested the day after Thanksgiving last year. I just found out he is in jail again for 90 days and then is on some sort of 18 month program. He will fail the drug tests and I hope he spends a longer time in jail next year. I am very thankful that the Derek Peter part of my life is almost closed. I am thankful that I sued and was able to reach a settlement with my former BFF. That chapter of my life is now closed. Gone for good and I will never look back. People keep asking if we would ever makeup and be friends again. I have to be honest and say No chance in hell. The trust is gone so the friendship is gone. I was hurting for so long about the loss, but now I have moved on. I am thankful that 2013 is almost here. The last year and a half of my life has been a real nightmare. I am so thankful that I am still alive and I fight everyday through the pain and illness to stay that way.

I am thankful for: my family, friends, food in my fridge, a roof over my head, the end of very painful relationships, love, happiness, what’s left of my health, being able to walk even though most days I can hardly stand up. I always have hope and I will never quit fighting to be here on this earth. I am thankful for the blessings I have received in my life. I love that I have made so much progress on my dreams. I am about to close the book on so many things that were 2011 and 2012 events. My heart is now full of hope & love again. In 2013 I will put myself back on the market and maybe meet someone special. I won’t hold my breath on Mr. Right but maybe Mr. Right now will do till I am truly ready to attempt to trust another man. Team MoMo has been there for me. They believed in me and had my back. Thank you, Kristie, Jessica, Emmy, Tracy, Indigo, Becca and everyone else who has stood by me throughout everything that has happened. Those of you that were forced to choose a side and had the balls to say no I won’t choose, I applauded you for standing up to my former friend. This person will now remain nameless. I will no longer give away any of my energy to this person. I want to put out positive energy in order to get it back. Pay it forward as much as we can is how life should be. It can be something as simple as the man who held the door open for me to exit and I held the door open for an elderly woman with her walker as I was leaving. A nice young man  came along and took over holding the door so I could leave and she could enter at the same time. It was paid forward by all four of us. The little things in life like that count and contribute to the bigger life picture. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Thank you all who keep reading my Blog. Don’t worry about any changes there will always be something going on in my life and the community that I will write about it.

One Love

MoMo Out!

Just a peek at what I make for the holiday. Now I am off to get cooking. Tomorrow is the big Turkey day and my family is always hungry for my cooking. These are a few of last years photos.

Mac & Cheese from scratch.

003 

Candied Yams

007

The Bird all carved up and ready to serve

009

EL Pato Pork

elpato pork

No comments:

Post a Comment